Bad Luck

Nag Juice

So a tornado dropped an oak on my 18MA today. Looks like a new sled is in my future unfortunately. Insurance adjuster comes tomorrow to give official word but it's broken in half. There's a 1/4" crack across the deck. Guess I'll find a 21-18 MA with a 4 stroke now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh man - no two ways about it, that absolutely stinks.   Sure you get $$ to get another one, but you get all the aggravation and cost that goes with it.  Not the way you want to go about it, I'm sure.  

On a bright note, looks like I'll be moving down that way at the end of this month, so I'll keep a spot open for you on my rig until you find your new one.  

Any damage to the trailer, motor, electronics??  

Just a heads up, some adjusters and companies anything in the boat as the companies in the event of a total lose. Not sure about yours but if you have extra stuff in there I'd pull it just to be safe. 

Glad no one was hurt and it was just insured property. I know it still stinks though. 

Hey Nag -

One request as a community service.  We all pick insurance companies on what they promise up front . . . will be very curious about how this works out now that you actually need them.  Your insurance company has a shot at either getting a few extra customers, or making sure they don't get a few.

Let us know if you'd recommend 'em after this.   I, for one, am in the market.

He came by today. It's toast, when I bought it and got insurance Progressive and I reached an agreed value of the boat. He told me today, i would get the agreed value minus a deductible. They're going to come get it and he told me go get all my stuff off it, i.e. Stereo, chart plotter, trolling motor, batteries etc. I might try and get the out board off too, but we'll see. So far it's been an ok process. 

well, I'm with progressive, so good to know.  would they really let you keep the motor?  I mean, heck, if you are allowed to strip it down, there's a lot of value there:

1) Eyeball lights

2) Console

3) Batteries, wiring, etc

4) Throttle/Shifter

All that stuff would go a long way towards a new boat.

I was halfway kidding about the outboard.  I'm not going to take it. I'll ask again but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer it. Since there are only four 21 MAs for sale that I can find so its going to an interesting journey. 

I cut the tree off yesterday and the sled is toast. Salvage hull sale.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After getting the tree off...it still looks fishable....maybe MBC will trade you for a new one....that would make a good advertisement. Takes a lick'en and keep on Fish'en...O' I forgot they quit making the best boats they ever made....duh,,,:(

Archived