Best fishing shoes?

Drummer

I've been wearing these for a few years and they are great. I think several companies make similar shoes (Sperry, Shark, Simms, etc) and I can only speak to the Columbia version but they are light weight, good support, quick dry, drain well, and are cool during the Summer. I've worn them on the boat and in the kayak and they perform really well.

http://www.columbia.com/mens-drainmaker-iii-pfg-shoe-1584201.html?dwvar_1584201_variationColor=019&cgid=footwear-men-water#start=6

r,

Bubba

I have the columbia drainamaker as well.  They are really light.  I really don't wear them when I'm fishing, usually go barefoot most of the time.  But I like the shoes, comfy and good grip.

I don't wear them for wading, have been using BPS flats boots for that.

On May 6, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Drummer said:

Simms Atoll Flip flops?

Yes sir! They seem to me to have more arch support. I have the West shore as well but the Atolls are crazy durable. In my opine their sole and arch support for my foot is superior to all I have tried. The siping on the Atoll is similar and in my opinion superior to sperry. Have gone through many of those too. 

I'll be a second on Olukai.  I fish hard, 200 plus days a year - Olukai's have a 1 year warranty on their shoes.  I have worn out two pair, and it was awfully nice to get a brand new pair 11 months in . . . 

That said, they are exceedingly comfortable and hold up very well . . . I wear the trainers most days on the boat, but I also have a couple of pair of the sandals (including a pair I got replaced that were simply worn on the top) . . . 

Buy Olukai's, be done . . . 

Archived