Marine Stereo setup?

BaitTank

Don't mean to partially derail the thread here but, Outlaw, how does that snow camo hide "stains" and whatnot?  I have been thinking about putting seadek on my pathy, got the samples... Snow camo was surprisingly not bad looking.

What size amp is that, and what'd it and the speakers run you...IF you don't mind the question.

Thanks

The Snow Camo is the second skin my sled has had .

First color was like a navy grey .

The Snow is way better .

Its dbl thick , as it has a layer of black underneath for a solid border .

All Sea Dek is very easy to maintain .

I have to admit , the Snow hides alot .

LOL the stains just blend right in .

I am VERY HAPPY with the Snow Camo and recommend it highly .

As for the stereo ,  JL ... IMHO is the best and best aint cheap .

BUT ... If you search , there are deals to be had .

If memory serves me well , around $650.00.

I did barter some with Bob @ Inshore Marine Specialties though .

He is priced good .

Bought the Sea Dek there also .

Hope this helps .

image.jpeg

Yea, it helps a ton, and that seadek pattern looks great!  All the nonskid on my boat now is awlgripped white...(done before I purchased it).  Personally, I hate it and want to cover it up, even though it's really good paint and it was done right.  It shows everything, and any stains are a pain to remove.  I think i'll give that Snow Camo a serious look.

Currently I have Audiopipe speakers on the boat (also previously installed), no amp, run through a sonic hub/simrad setup.  I don't like those either....... ohhhh the ever famous path to boat customization is never cheap...or simple.

Thanks

holy moly.......    Thats a set of woofers......

Does normal sound come through those as well or do you have other speakers?  Was not sure if there is a mid range speaker in there?

Does anyone have any thoughts on a head unit to go with or a less robust system......

Anyone try those Speedometer sized head units?  I guess you can plug in a USB stick on the wiring harness on the back of them?

As always, You guys are great and love any thoughts you guys have

NH Matt

On May 12, 2016 at 7:09 AM, BaitTank said:

has anyone tried those radio / mp3 head units that fit in a 3" speedometer hole on the console?  

I have a Jensen MS3A head that fits in a 3 in hole, with 4 JL M770 speakers and a JL M400/4 amp.   I just had the amp installed.  It made a big difference when running.  The sound is much clearer with the amp!   It is Bluetooth capable and also has a usb plug.

• 2 weeks later...

Try a Fusion BB300-R (Black Box), includes a small remote and is blue tooth, 3 zones built in so you can tune the sound where you want it when you're running. Pure 50 watts per channel and then add an Amp (or in inline 35W per...?)  a couple sets of good speakers and you have a great setup for a reasonable amount of money... 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 6 inch jl audio speakers mounted on the console, and I'm waiting to install my two 8.8 in the drivers area. I have a small fusion radio powering up the setup, and purchased an amp just in case it's too weak. I like the two 6 inches though and they pack a nice punch.

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Getting ready to install new electronics on my 05 2000v, the factory chartplotter (Lawrance) and VHF finally died last season (i know waited way too long). Going with Simrad NSS7 evo2 and adding Sonichub 2 as well but need help deciding on speaker location. New Garmin vhf will drop into existing dash cutout starboard side above throttle while evo 2 will be bracket mounted top of CC for optimum viewing while under power, Sonichub module sidewall mounted inside of CC and thinking of speakers going into end cap of front long storage boxes thus facing stern. I know sidewalls of CC is easiest but not crazy about diminished sound quality or blasting the bay both starboard and port trying to hear music underway.

Anyone else do this or have suggestions?

qty 2 7.7 JL's ("M" series) and a good quality 400 watt amp bridged to two channels.  Wire in a 12v Bluetooth dongle and use your phone / ipod for tunes.  If you have space in the front bulkhead I'd put the speakers facing you, way better while running.  If that doesn't work the rear bulkhead works well too as the sound reverberates around the whole cockpit.  I don't love speakers in the console but it would be a third option if I couldn't get them in a bulkhead.   

5 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

qty 2 7.7 JL's ("M" series) and a good quality 400 watt amp bridged to two channels.  Wire in a 12v Bluetooth dongle and use your phone / ipod for tunes.  If you have space in the front bulkhead I'd put the speakers facing you, way better while running.  If that doesn't work the rear bulkhead works well too as the sound reverberates around the whole cockpit.  I don't love speakers in the console but it would be a third option if I couldn't get them in a bulkhead.   

Yes, definitely....I agree...on the side of the console....you can't hear anything clearly when running.

Years ago I installed some small 4" speakers next to the console door, as high as I could get the top part of the console.

they are facing you, low, but, facing you....decent sound...

But the best seems to be to run them up front into the side boxes of the console so the sound goes down the gunnels.

FYIW.....

dc

Archived