Beaufort and Charleston area

triplec

Have a family event in Murrells Inlet next month and we wanted to make a couple of stops up and back. Any suggestions on nice place to stay in Charleston with a balance between not too outrageously priced and yet good locale.  Also staying in Beaufort on the way back if anyone has some thoughts there as well. Restaurants in both places would be great too. No boat this trip but scounting out some potential spots for future opportunity and maybe the owners tourney in SC next year as well. Thanks for any ideas!

Can't really help with hotel as I stay at my fiances place when I'm in Charleston but I do know friends that have stayed at the Courtyard on Meeting and Calhoun for a wedding and it was reasonable. 

There are a lot of places to eat and depends on how much money you want to spend and type of meal but here are some places to start.

167 Raw, Leon's on King, Artisan Meatshare (Lunch Place usually), Manza, Tattooed Moose, Edmonds Oast, Basil.

Plenty more but that's a start.

1 hour ago, Nag Juice said:

Edisto is the place, or Fripp Island.

murrells is my hometown. Who is your family there?

Nag, Humphries and Andrews are the cousins. Maiden names were as mine...Thompson. They are from McBee with place out there.  Their Dad and his bro (or my Dad) from Walterboro. 

3 hours ago, Ksayles44 said:

Can't really help with hotel as I stay at my fiances place when I'm in Charleston but I do know friends that have stayed at the Courtyard on Meeting and Calhoun for a wedding and it was reasonable. 

There are a lot of places to eat and depends on how much money you want to spend and type of meal but here are some places to start.

167 Raw, Leon's on King, Artisan Meatshare (Lunch Place usually), Manza, Tattooed Moose, Edmonds Oast, Basil.

Plenty more but that's a start.

Many thanks!

God, I miss the tattooed moose.... loved their fries...oh and EAST BAY DELI...awesome sandwiches.  I had to stay in the holiday inn on mt pleasant just over the Ravenel bridge before I moved there.  Lived in Ladson for a few years.

Redds ice house and shem creek seafood were good places as well, also on Mt Pleasant.

Oh well, go to Lee's Inlet Kitchen for good seafood. Tell them Spence sent you. Then go to Hot Fish Club, find the biggest guy in there. He'll have a beard, long neck Budweiser and a strong resemblance to Paul Bunyun. Tell him he's a B!#%h, then laugh. It's my brother, drink some more Bud Diesel with him, and ride dirty until 0200.

15 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

Oh well, go to Lee's Inlet Kitchen for good seafood. Tell them Spence sent you. Then go to Hot Fish Club, find the biggest guy in there. He'll have a beard, long neck Budweiser and a strong resemblance to Paul Bunyun. Tell him he's a B!#%h, then laugh. It's my brother, drink some more Bud Diesel with him, and ride dirty until 0200.

lol...yes sir! WIll do...but maybe diplomatically! 

Thanks!

Archived