Coolers

Capnbill

I got the 30.... The straps and handles look very sturdy .... It's so much lighter in weight than the Roadie size hard coolers , that the wife will be able to carry it 😎😀 ( I'm hoping )  I'll stick to the hard coolers for fishing or a boat cooler, but for getting out of boat type trips....this soft side will be great. My buddy has a Yeti soft bag and it seems to be great for kicking around on beaches and sandbars ....JJ

• 3 years later...
On 5/19/2016 at 2:28 PM, Capnbill said:

I have a 2014 2200TRS with the standard Igloo coolers.  I talked to Kevin at Engel in Jupiter, FL, about the coolers they are supplying for the new Pathfinders.  The new boats come with a 35 qt cooler in front of the console, but the footprint is a bit wide for the current tie down fittings.  He said some people have chosen the 50 qt cooler.  It's not as wide as the 35 qt and would probably work, but it will project further forward from the console than the current Igloo and I wouldn't need to drill holes in the deck to change the tie downs.

Any thoughts?

I have a 2012 TRS. The Engel 80 is best fit for the rear and the Engel 50 best fits the front if you need to stay in between the factory hold downs. The Engel 50 is 21.75 " across the bottom which will fit. The Engel 35 is 23.5 across the bottom which will not fit between the factory hold downs. The factory hold downs on my boat are 22.25" between them. I would rather have the 50 Qt. anyway and I did not have to modify anything. The Engel 50 is foward of the console plus 3 inchs and 4 inches taller than the Igloo which was not a problem, plenty of room there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, BlueMojito said:

I went the other way, and put the 25 qt in front of the console on my 2200.  I like the small footprint, which means it's not in the way at all going from the front of the boat to the back.  Add an Engel cushion, and it makes a very comfortable seat.  

Do you have it tied down at all? I have a 25 qt yeti that sits there but isnt secured down.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 10:56 PM, BlueMojito said:

My 2200 has the four flush mount fittings that take the 1/4 turn eyelets. Originally, they were intended for bungee cords, I think, but I just use two turnbuckles.  I actually like having a bit of extra room between the lockers and the cooler/seat. 

What four flush mounts were they?

• 4 months later...