24 TRS TM Battery Location

fletcher1856

I want to install 3 trolling motor batteries in the console of my 24 TRS. The 2 cranking batteries are already in there and I have fresh water washdown so the pump is in the console. Does anyone have this setup? How were you able to fit the batteries? It looks like the access plate will have to be covered by a battery. 

Thanks for any help.

Fletch.

I don't have the pump in there, but I do have 4 batteries in my console and I did cover the inspection plate with a battery.  I just made sure that I could remove the battery if I needed to inspect.  I also sprayed some Boeshield on the sender or whatever gas tank connection is under that inspection plate.  Three group 27s and one group 31. One option would be to remove one of your starting batteries and wire one of the TM batteries as your back up.  Good luck.

HTH

068.jpg

078.jpg

081.jpg

• 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:47 PM, Fish Food said:

I don't have the pump in there, but I do have 4 batteries in my console and I did cover the inspection plate with a battery.  I just made sure that I could remove the battery if I needed to inspect.  I also sprayed some Boeshield on the sender or whatever gas tank connection is under that inspection plate.  Three group 27s and one group 31. One option would be to remove one of your starting batteries and wire one of the TM batteries as your back up.  Good luck.

HTH

068.jpg

078.jpg

081.jpg

Is that starboard under the battery trays?  How did you fasten it down.

What did you do to level up the starboard that sits over the inspection plate?

Thanks

Yes, that is starboard under the battery trays.  The floor in the console was pretty thick, so I screwed the starboard to the floor.  I don't remember how I made the piece of starboard level on the inspection plate - that was almost 6 years ago.  I would recommend spraying the sender unit under the inspection plate with boeshield or some other anti corrosion spray since it is difficult to get to once a 60 pound battery is installed over it.  Never had a problem.

Here is my set up, 4 group 31's in console,  used two layers starboard to create base above inspection hatch.  In the event I need to get to the hatch remove battery and the top piece of starboard.

You can put batteries in the lower hatch behind the leaning post, but it is a wet compartment, and my opinion is the best weight distribution is in the console where you have them.  also the best use of available space and frees up that rear lower hatch for more storage.  I use mine for my cast net.

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

Archived