Are spider cracks where the front deck meets the side and where the back pods meet the side of the boat common? On the inside of course. Also does anyone know where I can get a back deck for the 1806? I've seen a few pics and it looks like pathfinder made them as an optional add on. If anyone can give me any other tips or helpful hints on this model I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm taking on some water in the bilge but I'm guessing its from the livewell fittings after reading up, just haven't had time to investigate. Thanks again for all your help

My Redfisher has the same issue. I can not seem to find the leak but it has to be from one of the fittings and Im thinking its from one of the ball valves or the through fittings. Its not enough water to worry about till the fall, but annoying. I've become pretty good at using a mirror to look in the bilge cause the rear port is so small but I still can not pinpoint the leak.

I have a 2003 1806v with a F115.  I do not remember seeing any spider cracks on my boat and will look closely this weekend.  I also get water in my bilge.  I "assumed" it was from the scalpers, I do have the ping pong ball devices on them, but water still comes in on the deck.  I was thinking the water in the bilge was from the deck, getting into the bilge thru the access plate in the back of the boat.  I think the rubber o ring needs replaced on the hatch.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Spider cracks are common and nothing to worry about.  I keep the boat in the water for 3 months at a time or longer.   Having a bit of water in bilge is nothing to worry about. If it rains water will seep in through rigging hole.   Or when hosing boat down.   The bilge is never 100% dry..   

• 9 months later...
On 6/21/2016 at 9:42 PM, Mellow Yellow 1806V said:

Are spider cracks where the front deck meets the side and where the back pods meet the side of the boat common? On the inside of course. Also does anyone know where I can get a back deck for the 1806? I've seen a few pics and it looks like pathfinder made them as an optional add on. If anyone can give me any other tips or helpful hints on this model I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm taking on some water in the bilge but I'm guessing its from the livewell fittings after reading up, just haven't had time to investigate. Thanks again for all your help

Did you ever find a back deck for your 1806?  I'd be interested in finding one as well. 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived