Pathfinder owner again and looking to add rod holders

GotTarpon

Excited to be a Pathfinder owner once again. I have a 2400 TRS w/300 and have enjoyed the boat so far. I have had it for about 3 weeks now. We spent the day fishing today and It became very obvious we need more rod holders. I would like to add a few forward of midship and a few to the stern. Anyone with a 2400 TRS already add a few and care to share some pictures?  Thanks. Matt

• 1 month later...

I got the BD Mate Series combo cup and rod holders.  Very well made.  Placed 2  15 degree ones in the gunnels just behind the forward platform with back plates.  Had to grind down the backplates for them to fit (it is tight).   If you add rod holders in the mid gunnels (where they would be most helpful), it would be very easy but you can't use the rod storage racks.  It was too much work to put them on the forward platform (difficult getting access for backing plates).

On 6/28/2016 at 6:36 AM, GotTarpon said:

I did the YF thing for a while and had a barker for 9 months. Great boats for sure. 

I added the pathfinder stainless rod holders in my gunnels midship. You can buy them at the dealer or on ebay some times. Sorry not trying to derail but can I ask why you went back to a Pathfinder. I love my 2400 and the others Ive had but my brother's barker is an incredible boat that is unmatched in my opinion as far as big bay boats go. The only thing I can assume is that it was too much boat possibly. It is huge and definitely takes a lot of extra work. Either way, welcome back. 

I don't really use the under gunnel rod holders much.  With that said, they do limit the top rack, which I knew when I measured before I installed them.  I keep a boat hook on one side and a 6 foot gaff on the other(on the top rack).  I wanted to put a third rod holder in the middle of the two rod holders, then I couldn't use the top rack at all.  The bottom rack is not impeded in any way.  That way I can put two rods(one on each side) when I need.  I only own one fly rod, so this wasn't an issue for me.  They make it so much easier to fish and set down a rod, a cutting board, etc., in my opinion.  Plus, I drift fish and spend a lot of time in the ocean and really needed them.  Good luck.  FYI, they are Gemlux, the same quality PF uses in original equipment at the build time.

Archived