Crack along top of transom?

Mellow Yellow 1806V

I can't speak to the transom cracks.  Perhaps someone else can chime in.

The one's in the interior shell look similar to what I have seen on my 2005 2000V for many many years.  With what I've put her through, if they were going to be a problem I'd know about it by now.  I wouldn't worry about 'em.

My 2000 model 2400v developed a few cracks in the transom when I took the 200 hpdi off and installed the F250. I didn't notice them for about a year. They never grew any further and the boat has 1340 hrs on it with the F250. I do have a few hairline gel coat cracks here and there...but combined hours with 200 hpdi and F250 on the hull is over 2050 hours. I rubbed some 4200 marine sealant in them a few years back just to seal them up and have never had any other issues with the boat. 

10 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

I'm not a fan of those transom cracks. Does shaking the motor up and down or standing on the cavitation plate move the cracks (flex)?

The interior cracks are fine and very common

I haven't had time to investigate them any more. I noticed them as I was getting ready to clean it up and put it in storage so I snapped some pics. I will have it back out this weekend. It looks like 1 large crack along the opportunity of the transom under the transom cap. 

Archived