Swim Ladder

koondog

After the 4th weekend spent at the sandbar my wife says we have to get one.  I currently use the west marine ladder that you hook on the side ... but it takes up some much room i never take it... I'm thinking I should install one on the transom.  Does anyone have any recommendations ?  

Yea, my wife has also mentioned that. I'm concerned about mounting it and not being able to through bolt it?  Has anyone ever mounted one on themselves... ?  I have a 2005 2000v ... not sure how it compares to other models... 

6 hours ago, koondog said:

Yea, my wife has also mentioned that. I'm concerned about mounting it and not being able to through bolt it?  Has anyone ever mounted one on themselves... ?  I have a 2005 2000v ... not sure how it compares to other models... 

Check out some photos at

www.actionweld.com

he rarely thru bolts and has never had one come loose.  I may be able to find photos of the platform he made for my 2006.  

Swim ladder is a good idea for more than one reason.  I think MBC puts them on all boats, trying to get ahead of the mandate or requirement that all pleasure boats must have them as a safety requirement. Anyway, that's a good way to sell a custom swim ladder to the little lady (safety).

• 4 weeks later...

Justfish you have a nice looking boat.  My impression is that you have the swing mount and it can  be stored in the mount in the upright oosition.  Can it be left there permanently until it is needed.  Do you have to remove it say in heavy chop?  I believe the 3 step ladder weighs 15# and wonder about the mount pulling loose if stressed too much.  If you are in the water how easy is it to move it from its stored position to its down position?  Thanks for responding; your  comments will be deeply appreciated.

Yes,it can be stored there "permanently" as in all day on the water,and even on trailer but see below. It's easy as can be to put up and down. That's why I purchased it since the storage on the 19 makes it a little harder to store it and I didn't want to be doing it in between spots.  

I've never had it fall on water and been in some pretty rough stuff.  I even trailer with it but I actually had it fall first time this weekend but it was a long trip and on a very bumpy road.  I've been meaning to get a small bungee for securing it while trailering anyways 

Getting it mounted was a chore, but No way it's pulling loose, it's through bolted with a thick backing plate. I left it down a few weeks ago and ran about a mile home and when I came off plane it was just hanging back there like it was at the sandbar a few minutes prior.  I prob looked like an idiot with it bouncing around back there but it didn't damage anything

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, Gulfcoast said:

This is the one I had built.  It is not through bolted but does have 3 screws at each of the pads where it attaches to the boat and some 5200.  The fold down portion is held up with a velcro strap. 

DSCN3218_zpsb2ad05c1.jpg

brother had same one on his pathy and loved it. also had an Armstrong on the other side. was easier to use because of the slant style ladder and had more steps.

On 7/31/2016 at 10:13 AM, justfish said:

I love my Armstrong.  It floats so it's easy to get to and when (not if) you forget to put it up, it doesn't do any damage

image.jpeg

I just added the same ladder,3 step swing model. It works great like JustFish says. Best price I found was from Crook and Crook in Miami.

Had this ladder made in Ft. Pierce, FL across street form Maverick Boats. Designed for swimming and diving. Has four steps. Not for shallow

water. Thought of having a 2 step ladder made to switch out with the 4 step. Nice to have rails to hold onto. Also can stand on to fish as well. Through bolted 4 bolts out underside of gunnel.

Pathfinder20

20160807_191155-1.jpg

Archived