Whopper Plopper??

whichwaysup

It looks good...but, I've got so many Zara Spooks, Top,Dogs, Mirror Lures....etc....they all work well in the early morning , water coming out of grass situations here...I can't say any one is better...it's personal preference to which one you have confidence in. Right now....I'm using the Zara Spook Jr in slick water in chrome/blue and it works great for trout and reds. I do fall back on the new Mirror Lure called Pop n Prop if the water is choppy, it has props on front and rear with internal rattles and really works well and redfish will nail it without hesitation if they are near. It is a modern day Devil Horse ( freshwater)  type lure. Let me know if you try the whopper popper. 

Thanks all - Yep, if the fish were biting as well as the noseeums, I'd have been neck deep in fish.  I thought about taking the video and fastforwarding it - would have been hillarious to see the "bug dance" I was doing out there.    I swallowed plenty of those suckers.

Nag - I'm usually fishing from 5 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. before work.  I like to avoid weekends, at least until the fall, but if you can't make midweek work and have a free Saturday, let me know and we'll make it happen.  I could use a little local expertise!

Archived