Tackle Storage Question

gasparilla

Okay - I've tried digging through archives and whatnot, but I'm curious as to how/where others store their tackle on their Maverick's.  

The "problem": 21' Master Angler - I keep all of my tackle in the port compartment, opposite the front live well.  While I have more than enough room, the compartment ends up a morass of Plano boxes by the end of the day.  Plus the boxes I use most frequently seem to float downward.  Maybe "it is what it is" but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see what others are doing/using.

Anyone have a "tackle center" installed in their MA?  Pics?  Ideas?

Hey gas, I keep two top loading soft sided tackle bags in the large under seat locker and it keeps everything pretty organized.  I had the same issue as you and decided to go that route.  You can also get sea snell marine to make you a custom slotted holder that will fit in there that will hold as many boxes as you want.  You can permanently mount it or use suction cups.  Thought about doing that, but it's just as easy to use the tackle bags

I found two crates that fit perfect in my starboard front hatch on my PF for storing the Plano tackle boxes, however., when I was younger I worried about the tackle being organized and neat...now I want to make sure the beer stays cold and the fried chicken fingers do not get wet in the cooler......

Take a look at what this guy did.  Interesting concept. I actually found a tackle storage box designed for a bayboat - was meant to hang under the seat on it.  It fit just about perfectly behind in that flip up hatch in front of the engine well.   I almost installed it, but couldn't get myself to do something so permanent.  This is a similar concept and a little height on that seat might be nice.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-maverick-21-master-angler-102632733/

Archived