EVERGLADES RESTORATION

Tarpon Terry

Terry, thanks for posting the Snook and Gamefish Foundation’s Position on Everglades Restoration.  The SGF has put a great deal of time and effort coordinating with other conservation organizations and government entities in researching and seeking thoughtful and scientifically guided advice and counsel on how to best solve the tragic Everglades runoff impact on Florida’s environment.  Of particular concern to us is the devastation of the estuaries and inshore nurseries in south Florida.  We believe we have delineated a sound and viable track to correcting the problem, but of course it will be a long term effort.  We hope the SGF position will help continue the positive pressure on the appropriate government officials – state and federal – to make solving this in the most effective and least harmful way a top priority.  We will be continuing our efforts to lobby state and federal officials to get to work.

We certainly welcome comments, thoughts and constructive suggestions on this issue; and, appreciate your support of the Snook and Gamefish Foundation.

Great delivery by the SGF. No matter what your stance is on Glades restoration, none of us can deny that we all need to work together in a respectful manner!!

I've done business with some of the board members for years and they have urged me to join SGF. This letter has now prompted me to do so.

Thanks for posting this, Terry.

Archived