Headed to BG

justdriftin

So been a slow year for fishing for me, I mean slooooow.  New baby at home (#4) work has been crazy and got sick in the middle of the summer.  So, I have had my boat in the water all of one time this year and that was a kid friendly shrimp drowing, cruising trip.  So assuming I still have my man card, I'm headed down this weekend.  Going to try to head down Friday w/o the fam who will be joining for the weekend.  Any intel would be greatly appreciated.  I generally fish the Bull Bay, Whidden Creek areas but staying on BG so anywhere info on the area is helpful.  Will likely try to catch whitebait if I still remember how to throw my net, so a bait report would be greatly appreciated as well.

Also, if you know what's open to eat at on Boca Grande, that's good info too, I know a lot of places shutter up this time of year. 

@justdriftin bait is thick everywhere. PM me if you can't find it. The bar in front of Bull Bay has all you can catch right now. Miller's is about the only place we eat at on Boca - it was open last week; Fishery and Waterside should be too. 

Lots of redfish around right now, under docks and mangroves, or prowling around mullet schools. Snook bite is insane - we've caught an overslot on my last 5 trips, with 50-60 small ones thrown in. Mangrove snapper still biting good, but should move off in the next couple of days/weeks to spawn. 

Hit me up if you can't find some fish to stretch your line . . .

We had a good weekend.  Got to get some fishing in and some family time.  Fished Friday and Saturday morning.  Got the kids out Saturday morning and just fun to watch them have a good time on the boat.  Bait was pretty easy, loaded up on the east side of Devilfish Key.  Caught more trout than anything, on the bar outside of Bull Bay mostly.  Probably 30 or more, but mostly just under slot, but a good bit of keepers.  Got some snook as well, but no reds.  Had to split time between fishing and pool/beach etc with the kiddos. Water was fairly tannic with all the rain but not as dirty as I was expecting.  

Archived