HDS Gen3 - touch screen issues?

whichwaysup

Hey all - 

Just curious if anyone else is having these issues too.  Intermittently, my HDS touch screen won't work. The unit works fine in every other way, and I can toggle to get into the various menus (sooooo old school!), but the touch screen is totally unresponsive.  It's like living in the 1990's - I just don't know how people survived back then!   :)

The weird thing is that it will just suddenly start working again a few hours later - no turning off/on, no resets, nothing.   I found a thread on THT that suggests its not just me - curious if anyone on here is having the same thing happen?

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/672573-hds7-gen-3-touchscreen-issue-2.html#post9341724

I would suggest updating to the newest firmware (just released last week) and see if it improves. If it does not improve there is probably an issue with the screen itself and I would contact Lowrance about warranty repair. I do not have any issues with my Gen3 HDS12. Love it. 

Josh B.

5 hours ago, Josh B said:

I would suggest updating to the newest firmware (just released last week) and see if it improves. If it does not improve there is probably an issue with the screen itself and I would contact Lowrance about warranty repair. I do not have any issues with my Gen3 HDS12. Love it. 

Josh B.

^ this

They did just release a new version last week that has some "bug" fixes so yeah worth a try

Archived