23 HPS Transducer Options

kdavid2071

I am running a Lowarance HDS12 Touch with an Airmar P79 Shoot-Thru transducer. Since installation I have had nothing but problems with the Airmar P79. The sonar reading goes out all the time. I have been back to the dealer 3 times and its about to go back the 4th. I'm tired of all the trouble and ruined fishing trips. 

Are there any other options out there? Please help.

Kdavid, I may be in the same fix as you.  It appears that the solution is the thru hull AirmarB60 transducer.  The main problem I have with that solution is the hole you have to drill in the hull in front of the step to install the transducer.  I am new to this site  and I'M sure one of the more experienced 2300 owners can give you more insight into this problem. There  is a thread labled "2300 hps thru hull transducer feedback " in this forum which shows pics of the transducer install I mentioned. 

Guys from my experience the fluid is leaking out through the top of your P79. I was having the same trouble and it was driving me crazy. I put grease around the Oring and on the transducer filled it back with fluid and was good for a little while. We need to find a dealer to install a thru hull for us. My dealer is checking on doing it for me now. If you guys who are having trouble give me a call. I would like to visit with you. Mike 863 781-1698   

Archived