Yamaha gauge refurbished

hurricane

My gauges are really bad, I came across this process a few months ago and finally got around to giving a go. If it didn't work out, I didn't care the gauges where shot. But the repair turned out great.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-how-s-kerno-memorial-forum/732929-repair-faded-yamaha-multifuction-gauge.html

The lens I sanded  and buffed starting with 800 and worked down to a polish. 

We'll see how long it lasts, but again I don't care they were almost useless before. And this puts of spending $500 on a new set.

Before and after tach vs speed.

2016-08-21_15.21.46.jpg

Big wow! Mine look like the guy on the left. I saw that post, but at step 39-h they lost me. Seemed like a lot of steps.....and unfortunately while as an engineer I understand these types of things, there is a disconnect between my brain and my hands, so if it is more than two or three steps I need backup!

Regardless, yours look awesome!!

While mine weren't near as bad as hurricanes, I was able to clean mine up a lot with a headlight renew kinda kit.  Was very easy, the kit has the grits needed all went on a drill attachment thingy.  I actually did my wife's headlights and had the discs left over so went to town on gauges. I think the kit was like $20 or so

Looks awesome Gabe! 

The link is not working for me.  Is it for the scratched lens or faded gauge?

Just a FYI for anyone looking to go out and buy one of those headlight kits.  If you have rubbing and buffing compound or metal polish around the house you may want to give it a try first and save yourself some money.

Link fixed, sorry bout that. Check the link, its about the faded gauge. I did the lens.

I tried the headlight kit, but mine where just way to bad.

When I bought the boat it was lift kept, so you see the result. It only had 109 hours on it, but it sat in the sun. This was the last evidence of sitting in the sun, I have cleaned and polished and now you would never know this boat sat on a lift for most of its life.

Archived