Need a Rebuild - And a warning

nicecast

I smoked a bearing and messed up my crankshaft and one cylinder. Anybody recommend a machine shop for a rebuild, or a place to buy a rebuilt block? Prefer South FL but open to shipping.

By the way... I strongly suggest everyone with an old style water pressure fitting at the top of your block go with an electronic water pressure gauge, or none at all. Mine developed a pinhole leak in the plastic tube and saltwater sprayed under my cowling and into my intake - killed my motor.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:30 PM, nicecast said:

I smoked a bearing and messed up my crankshaft and one cylinder. Anybody recommend a machine shop for a rebuild, or a place to buy a rebuilt block? Prefer South FL but open to shipping.

By the way... I strongly suggest everyone with an old style water pressure fitting at the top of your block go with an electronic water pressure gauge, or none at all. Mine developed a pinhole leak in the plastic tube and saltwater sprayed under my cowling and into my intake - killed my motor.

The only place I take my engines for serious work is Boat Center - Klint is a 5 star certified mechanic and compelted extensive work for me under warranty when I had my pathy, also changed out a fuel pump  and full injector cleaning on my F150 years ago.

He also did a carb rebuild on my skinny mini 50hp 2 smoker recently...runs like a champ....

They are not the least expensive - but, they are 5 star certified - enough said ?

Others would be Maxim Marine - I believe the name is John up in Pompano.

dc

Had a Yamaha 2 stroke 115 that had dropped a cylinder. Sent it to Flagship Marine in Punta Gorda and they put it back together. My mechanic at that time  had sent a few to them and never had a customer complaint. Work was clean with fresh paint on block, block was boiled, tested for any weak areas and reassembled. Shipped it back on time for me to finish the assembly.
This was my only experience with them and it was very pleasant. Would send another engine to them.

Archived