Transducer mounting option

AFE CUMMINS 6.7

I had the opportunity to find a solution to avoid drilling holes in the fiberglass hull when mounting a transducer. That solution came in the form of Transducer Sheilds product. The Sheild and mounting bracket looked the part, as if it was a factory option. The L-Bracket mates up perfectly to the Atlas Jack plate. The transducer shield accepted the Garmin GT52HW-TM transducer and felt very secure. All the hardware was stainless steel and the brackets are aluminum. I wanted to take photos while installing the bracket, however I was floating in the water on a round tube while installing the bracket on the lift. First trip out with the new transducer on the HPS hull produced great results with side vu, down vu, and traditional chirp. If you don't want to drill holes in your hull, look at Transducer Sheild products. Their customer service is top notch and they know their products well.  

http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Looks like a good option, but I just like drilling holes.

DSC05748_zps8e304f4b.jpg

You're a very, very, brave man there. I already had a transducer glassed in the fuel tank hole, but I wanted to add a second transducer with Down Vu and Side Vu in effort to help improve my ability to catch fish. So far that's not happened. Lol

• 3 months later...

Well, you got to consider there is about 18 to 20 holes in the hull already, if you include thru-hull fittings and bolts. So, another hole is no big deal if you plan your work carefully.

AFE, let us know how the new transducer does in a chop and at higher speeds. This could be a great alternative for some owners.

Archived