SMALL BREAK IN THE WEATHER

snelly

Recently we have had a pretty bad run of wind and rain which has made the fishing conditions ( particularly on fly ) pretty tough. We fished Hinchinbrook Channel on the weekend in the wind and rain for not much result. But then on Monday we had a small window in the wind allowing us to fish the local Cairns wrecks and we managed a good day on the Trevally ( Jacks ) plus one Spanish Mackerel ( King Mackerel ) and a couple of other species so all was not lost. I just hope that this all clears for the Hinchinbrook Barra comp which is in three weeks time.

Cheers Snelly

1272422162-P4260222__Small_.JPG.6b470f0a

1272422145-P4260224__Small_.JPG.f08117f4

Hey Snelly,

Nice Tiv's. The weather has been a bit ordinary hasn't it - I saw they had another 35 mm's today (1.5 inches) and the creeks still have a nice fresh running into the channel which will be good as long as a cold snap (15 degrees) doesn't hit us soon.

I went up with the club last weekend and we released 10,000 barra fingerlings into the channel and will post a story soon. This is a result of the money made from the tournament and with some funding from the Fish Care Group so was good to ***ist in the re-stocking.

Waz

Archived