Hinchinbrook Invitational Barra Tournament

Waz-in-Oz

The annual Invitational Barra Tournament commences this Thursday through to Sunday and this year fellow forum member Snelly will be fishing out of his 18 Redfisher which will join the usual gang of three other Hewes boats.

Below is a link to the area we fish from Lucinda to Cardwell and around to the right into Missionary Bay. Weather is looking around the 10 to 15 knots with a concern of a mild cold snap of maybe 16 degrees in the mornings and high 20's for the rest of the day.

Can't wait.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-18.383199,146.234207&spn=0.302344,0.438766&z=11

Hey Waz,

Was going to put up a pre comp post as well but you beat me to it !!!! weather looking good as has always been the case - I cant believe how lucky they have been with this comp for the last 15 years.

My RF is polished up and ready to go - Had to reinstall a fitting on my power pole but all good now. Ben , my team mate and I are heading down in the morning for a look around prior to the start of fishing on Friday morning.

Looking forward to a couple of days of fun in the sun and enjoying a few beers with the crew.

Cheers Snelly

So this year we have

16RF

18RF

16 Bonefisher

17 Tailfisher

What you said Ben - a great comp once again weather was great and plenty of fish caught. I had a great time and a ton of fun fishing with you again.

We had 5 Hewes in the field of 56 boats ( there was a 19RF on top of the 4 above )

All of these teams would have featured in the top 15 teams in the large field and the boys in the Tailfisher were right up there as was Parksy in the 16 Bonefisher.

I managed most points on fly so very happy with that.

Have added a PIC of Ben with a Barra caught the day before the comp.

Cheers Snelly

1274225819-P5130226__Medium_.JPG.a58692c

Archived