Da Boyz Were On FIRE !! Donh & Dino Adventures

We finally had ONE as they "like the old days"....We loaded up on the shrimp, put in at outdoor resorts by 0715 and began our run to the south.....the tide was super low, but, not negative....so we stopped at a very top secret, but, obvious spot,...bing, slot one in the bag at it's only 730....gotta love it....tide is ripping out and not much water....

We try a few spots as the incoming begins down south on the points...but, no love....

Time to make some mud and get back into the bights to our "secret" spots :)

As I am running between to islands, I see a Pathy sitting on the point, so we swing wide to give him lots of room and i run deep into the bight as I wanted to fish the back side of the island....we are running and we create a plum of mud much like a F16 going super-sonic - ok, we are running 24mph, but the water is only a foot deep or so....I swing way wide  to get into position to shut it down about 75 yards from where I want to fish......as we come to a stop....we get the woo-woo-woo of the engine....

Don looks at me and says, "I guess we know how shallow she will run and float" :)

All around us the reds are blowing up, their backs out of the water as they push wakes of water....they are making their way back into the bights like us, waiting for the water to rise....

So, one sandwich and a drink and we are floating in....

We get to "our secret spot"...and we throw out the poppn' corks and first cast...slot red, second cast, mini-snook, cast after cast and they are coming in....we took about 6 snook and 2 reds from there....waters coming up...time to go......

We get back into our "double secret - special handshake" spot where you toss to your friends in a small hidden creek - it's hand to hand combat - precision casting under a branch along a bank...not easy to do from 30 feet with a poppn' cork...but, our friends were waiting...slot red, slot red, and two snook...off we go to fish the banks out front....

We set up and bang, down goes the pop'n cork on the first cast.....slot red, then slot snook, Don jumps into the action and looses a large flounder to the power pole, he's back good form and snook and reds coming aboard...nothing huge, but, action all day....

1335 hrs, we make the call to go home.....the wind picked up a bit and I decided to run up deep in the bights to keep away from the wind...as we were running back, i notice  a tree and we stopped for a shot, but, as we got close, we saw it full of life....the little crabs, all over the branches...something you'd never see running by.....we stopped to take some pics and enjoy the moment.....

Overall- probably 12-13 snook and 10-12 reds...and all the catfish you wish to never see again....

Some pics of 

The new St.Croix is un believable when paired with a Penn Battle...NO Wind knots....( I took forum advice and did not fully wind it up) and has great action and power...good combo..

29769423170_e629c00971_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-1 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

DONH WITH HIS FIRST NICE SNOOK OF THE DAY.......

29769422400_d73052ceb7_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-3 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

ONLY THE FACE A MOTHER COULD LOVE...GOING HOME FOR DINNER.....

29769420840_731fda6301_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-6 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

UP DEEPIN THE DOUBLE SECRET HAND-SHAKE SPOT......

29769421360_19bee8c016_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-5 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

ONE OF THE MANY FRIENDS WHO CAME ABOARD....BUT ONLY TWO CAME HOME.......

29769421960_bfc692342a_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-4 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

DONH UN HOOKING ONE OF THE MANY SNOOKLETS......

29769422820_0d985b608e_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-2 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

UP IN "DA-BIGHTS" AS WE CALL THEM......

29769420370_df7d628927_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-7 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

THE TREE THAT CAUGHT MY EYE RUNNING BY.....

29769418690_09c9776df4_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-10 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

THE LITTLE GUYS WHO LIVE ON THE BRANCHES...I DID NOT SET MY MACRO SETTINGS CORRECTLY...BUT, NEXT TIME...I HAVE NOT BEEN SHOOTING ENOUGH AND MADE SOME ROOKIE MISTAKES.....

29769419780_6a47fe9620_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-8 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

ANOTHER LITTLE GUY IN THE TREES.......

29769419100_8a18c5d7e2_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-9 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

CAPT DONH...THE KING OF THE BACK.....DO YOU THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH RODS AND ROD HOLDERS ???:)

SERIOUSLY, I DO LIKE TO KEEP EVERYTHING UP AND IN THE BACK OUT OF THE WAY......SO WHEN YOU LOOSE A CORK TO THE TREE MONSTERS, WHO ALWAYS REACH OUT AND GRAB THEM...YOU JUST TURN AND GRAB ANOTHER, RIGGED EXACTLY THE SAME....

30063456305_864c27e1fa_k.jpgDonh 1 oct-12 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

UNTIL THE NEXT TIME..............

DC

On 10/4/2016 at 10:42 AM, conocean said:

WTG Dino & Don! Glad ya'll got in on the action. Fishing was amazing this weekend for us out of Choko, especially the evening bites!!

We were off the water by 2pm...the morning bite shut down around 1130 and we took our time coming home to take a few pics....evening must have been beautiful with no wind and a strong out going tide !!!

I need to spend more weekends to fish the evenings....

dc

Archived