Leaning post in 22' pathfinder to a bench seat

C Crosby

I'm a older man and the leaning post is hurting my back and blocks the center live well . would like to have a bench seat with a back rest that u can flip back and forth to drive the boat and flip backrest and fish off the back of boat , plus it would give you more room to get in and out the live well . any ideas , please help

what you describe you can buy online either a box type or a frame type like the leaning post. due to my back problems I have been thinking of having my leaning post cut down a bit, having a plate added to the top and two good chairs mounted on it. seen several pictures on the net. good luck, fin 

I had this seat/leaning post made to my specs. I can sit and drive with both feet on the floor. The back swings forward so you can sit and fish out the back. When I was looking for a new boat, I found that most factory leaning post hampered access to the rear live-well. I looked at after-market swing back seats, but most are not high enough to be used as a leaning post and the seats were to low to sit and see over the console.

My seat was important enough to have a custom seat made. I can lean over and access the live-well without being "goosed" by the leaning post. It's also wide enough for two fully grown humans to sit comfortably.

DSC00742_zpsbffec265.jpg

DSC00747_zpsca71e4f5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived