Recommendation on a access door on the forward side of my console

jbozzelle

SSi Custom Plastics.  Another possibility is to see if a dealer can order from the factory the unit they are putting in the new Pathfinders.  It is a flip down tackle storage unit that can be completely removed for console access.  Go look at a recent or new Pathy to see one.  Or, look at one of the walk thru videos from Pathfinder (on this forum) that shows the flip down tackle storage.

When I added the 36 volt 112 lb I Pilot...I decided to put the three batteries in console, but getting to them for service, etc was going to be tough from the console door, so I added a Tempress hatch door, then I decided to add the three rod / rod holder instead of a the padded back rest because my boat is used almost 100% for fishing and not riding. The Tempress is decent quality , not the best...however, it has proved to be waterproof. Here is a pic...again, not the best, not the prettiest, but it does serve its function of gaining access to service the batteries or work on electrical / radio wires, etc. it opens from the top , I tie it off to handrail when charging batteries to allow more venting in console. 

image.jpeg

That's what I'm looking to do except make it as big as possible above the step on the bottom on the console. About 25"x25" overall is what I figured. 

My trolling motor batteries are shoved up in there too. Along with two in the aft stbd hatch. I'm consolidating the engine to the trolling batteries this winter and adding a Simrad GO9, new VHF, maybe rewire the switch panel, etc...

i need it to access the wiring is mainly what I need it for...

Boat outfitters, SSI, Tempress, T & H Marne....they all make different sizes and I'm sure they will have one close to the size you want. I believe Boat Outfitters will custom make you one in whatever size you request. I wasn't completely sure about mine, so I picked one that I could use to gain access to inside console...but, also re-install my original back rest in case I needed to later. The Tempress came with a template and it was very easy to cut the fiberglass with a zip saw with fine teeth. You can reach the fuse panel and wiring from the front through this hatch. Mine is a model 1317 but they have various sizes. 

Archived