Well, at least I saved the boat

justfish

Some of you might have followed my renovation and garage build posts over last year. Sorry to say, we fell victim to the surge of Hurricane Matthew taking on about 18-20" inside and about 36"!in garage. 

If not, short story is we bought a place on Anastasia Island in St Augustine, gutted it and had spent the last year renovating pretty much on our own. That's the bad. The good, we are safe and have an incredible support system of family, fire dept guys and girls and our lil community has come together like I could have never imagined. We are expecting our first child tomorrow as well and all seems great with that. NO WE WILL NOT NAME HIM MATTHEW. 

We will come out of this stronger.   

IMG_2566.PNG

IMG_2567.JPG

That was pre and post renovation and here it is as of last night. We did a lot of work in one week! 

Dried out, gutted and ready to start putting back together. Initally we gutted 4' down but we had plaster walls and there's no way to make drywall rhat old school plaster match, so we took out the rest yearserday. We are also using this opportunity to make some layout changes so removed 2 closets from what was the nursery and office and opening it up to make a new master suite. 

Due to baby coming, probrably gonna let someone else's do it this time 

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5792.JPG

Oh yeah. Got boat outta there to friends house inland prior. Escaped damage, but trees down all around it  if I had left it, it woulda been bad. All the boats left were in different places.  A Storage Pod floated from across the street 3-4 houses down into my neighbors yard.

IMG_5511.JPG

Sorry to read about this.  Good luck with the restorations--it's just "stuff".  Like Guy Clark's song says, focus on the "Stuff that works, stuff that holds upThe kind of stuff you don' hang on the wallStuff that' real, stuff you feelThe kind of stuff you reach for when you fall."  Best of luck with the new baby too.  God's peace to you and your family.

Archived