Looking at a new 2200 TRS

Rybuffett

Looking to get a 2200 TRS and had a couple of questions.

Seems like the order options include solid color. Does that include the whole hull?

Would a 150 or 175 SHO benefit the boat much over the standard 150?  Can't some of the sho motors be tuned easier? I like messing with that stuff. Thinking about getting a soft t-top with the boat too which may slow things down a bit. 

Any other tips before buying a new boat?

thanks!

ryan

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming!  The 250 SHO looks awesome, but I was trying to not go crazy on price. I would like to keep price reasonable, then add as I go. Obviously motor is something I'm probably not going to change for awhile.  Anyone have some retail price comparisons for the motors? 

Boat will be used about 50/50 fish and family.  Plan to ski/wakeboard occasionally. Located in SWFL for water conditions. 

I always thought the factory installed 200 vmax sho with the 10" jack plate would be an ideal setup on this boat if looking for more power than the F150.  It wasn't really that much more money if I remember correctly.  There are lots of options with hull color, console color, etc.. Just depends on budget.  Mid-ship spring line cleats I would consider as well.

I just sold mine which had the 250 SHO. I would get for at least the 200 SHO as when you have full Livewells and a couple people the extra horsepower makes a big difference. Also, without a t-top the boat will run in the low 60's and cruise verily nicely in the 30-40 mph range.  I loved the boat and would recommend it. We put over 300 hrs on the boat in 3 years and loved every min of it! That was until I went for a ride on a 2600 TRS! 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, Rybuffett said:

I was thinking the 150-175 SHO might be a compromise to the $5k or so more for the 250. Guessing on price. Would be nice to have a boat that could push 60mph tho :)

if you don't mind me asking, are you a new boater, sounds like you may be. reason I ask, 60mph on this or any other boat is VERY FAST and things can go south very quickly at that speed.

I have a 2016 2200 TRS w/12 hours The boat is setup with a 200 SHO  and sports a 4 blade 18 pitch prop. With a light load I'm getting 55 mph @ 5700 rpms. Once I

load it down for a day of fishing my speed drops 5-6 mph. I haven't try to pull anyone on skis, however this setup has an awesome hole shot, so I have no doubt it's

capable.

I wish you were closer, I live on Toledo Bend and this boat is a bit too big for my needs. I'll probably be selling it soon.

I have a 22TRS with 225 SHO been on the same boat with a none SHO 200 (family member owns one), no comparison. I can run square with medium load to 4300 RPM. Loaded heavy heading out for grouper I'm getting off the command link 8.3 GPH at 3500 RPM and 32 MPH. Response out of hole and mid range is not even close. I have seen 58 MPH light but not into prop swapping for 60 plus I'd rather have balance and economy. As stated above max it out or at least a 200 SHO. 

Thanks for all the advice. New to pathfinder, not new to boating. Skied many boats with 150hp and smaller and I know it works fine. Motor works harder, yes, but you can go plenty fast and a skier/wakeboard doesn't drag that much.   Tubing is different if you want to throw your buddies off and watch them go flying. 

Seems a bigger motor would make it feel better and probably is a good idea. Its good to hear people's experiences and seems most people favor the larger motor. 

60 is fast and fun in the right conditions. A buddy of mine took to out for a ride in a 19' boat that did 90, and that was just scary. 

So far I'm thinking 200 SHO, t-top, spring cleats, back rest for leaning post, live well pump, and I like solid light green hull color.

Obviously would like the bigger motor, but is it worth several thousand $$?

4 hours ago, Rybuffett said:

For those interested, I found out you can reprogram the ECU on yamahas.  

"The SHO motor has the largest range in HP gain.
The 150 SHO motor can be tuned to 200 and the 200 SHO can be tuned to 300 -
yes - 300!
Same goes for the new off shore 4.2L."

Careful not to void warranty.

I run a TE with a 200 sho and went that way for a couple of reasons.

hole shot was significantly better than with a 150.

It uses 87 octane gas rather than 90. We have almost no access to non ethanol fuel

With a full load it still performs well

The grandkids love it for tubing

The 200 is the same motor as the 250 so it's not very stressed. Some day I'll make it into a 250 by having the chip flashed for $700.

24 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

I run a TE with a 200 sho and went that way for a couple of reasons.

hole shot was significantly better than with a 150.

It uses 87 octane gas rather than 90. We have almost no access to non ethanol fuel

With a full load it still performs well

The grandkids love it for tubing

The 200 is the same motor as the 250 so it's not very stressed. Some day I'll make it into a 250 by having the chip flashed for $700.

Good info HeadHunter !  I'm thinking about the 200SHO as well

Archived