Yellow Fin Experience?

Headhunter

I hope this is ok to post here. If not delete it.

My neighbor is in the market for a bay boat. He has fished our pathy a number of times and loved it. I had him headed to Fort Lauderdale this week end and all of a sudden he comes up with this Yellowfin thing. I know the price point will be higher but I sure would like some pros and cons for my buddy to check out at the show.

I will be honest and say that I was surprised at how wet I got when riding on a buddies YF in not so terrible conditions. Not every boat is perfect but it just caught me off guard. That being said they are sweet and rigging is top notch. If he wants to spend big money, the Barker is a monster compared to the YF. For me, Ill stick with my Pathfinder. 

I wonder is he looking at the YF 21 Hybrid or their 24?  At the price point of either one I would test ride them and then test ride the PF 23 HPS (with 250 vmax sho).  The 23 HPS is very impressive!  There is a used 2015 YF 21 listed at 70k as an example.  

I have a good friend with a YF24 based in Bahamas, we fish and dive out of it down there. It is a very solid boat, very fast with the 300 , the YF is a really nice boat,,,,very expensive too. This boat get used a lot and has held up very well.  I do think YF have marketed themselves well and people sometimes buy because of the "name" just like Yeti coolers.  Here is a pic of my friends YF. 

private beach.JPG

I noticed in one of the fishing magazines the new Hells Bay 24' bay boat has a smooth $110,000 list price....ouch!!, the Yellowfin is right up there. I'm thinking like Gabe, a nice used 18' HPX and a nice 25' to 28' offshore boat is the way to go. I did it for many years with a 23' SeaCraft and a 16' Bonefisher,  you are not going to go out in the big water in bad weather and you can always use one or the other when the weather allows. Best of both worlds!

Always liked the 24 YF and have been on quite a few. Never owned one though. They ride well, are fast enough and finished well. They definitely lean more towards the flats boat side of the equation but for inshore, bay and light offshore use they seem well suited for this purpose. 

You guys need to read up on the Bayliner and 85 Force.  Best sled hands down.  You don't have to work out or hit the gym ever again bc the women will just flock to you. IF you get sqwerrly you can add glitter and a Salt Life sticker.  That's an extra 50hp and tons of cool guy points at the sand bar. 

On 11/4/2016 at 9:16 AM, fishmanjj said:

I have a good friend with a YF24 based in Bahamas, we fish and dive out of it down there. It is a very solid boat, very fast with the 300 , the YF is a really nice boat,,,,very expensive too. This boat get used a lot and has held up very well.  I do think YF have marketed themselves well and people sometimes buy because of the "name" just like Yeti coolers.  Here is a pic of my friends YF. 

private beach.JPG

Would definitely have to do a test ride before making a deal.    

18 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

You guys need to read up on the Bayliner and 85 Force.  Best sled hands down.  You don't have to work out or hit the gym ever again bc the women will just flock to you. IF you get sqwerrly you can add glitter and a Salt Life sticker.  That's an extra 50hp and tons of cool guy points at the sand bar. 

All that and it poles like a dream in 6" of water, with the driest smoothest ride on the water!

Archived