The Hot Dog Adventure in da back: Hot dogs, Chili but NO FEESH :(

Wanaflatsfish

So....

Capt DonH and I finally get a chance to go for a trip to Choko....

Weather gods were good, tide was rushing out, shrimp were big but da feesh didn't want to cooperate.....

We were on the water at 0730 with a screaming outgoing tide...NE wind and a falling tide...

We hit one spot on the outside and found 3 reds and one trout..but, nothing to put in the box...

Then, 13 stops later, we found one 20" red to take home for dinner....uggggh....

We fished all our normal outgoing spots but the freeeesh did not want to cooperate...

The highlight of the day was when Capt Don brought along the hot dogs (ball park in honor of the cubs I think) and Wendy's chili...

I brought along my normal half sour pickles....

What a great idea....hot dog and chili in Storter Bay :):)

The hot dogs were still hot in the thermos after being made at 0400 hours and the Chili was a nice topping....

I just bought a few of the new Yetti liquid holders and will definitely use them for both Chile and Coffee....the large 46 oz, kept the coffee hot all day from 0430 when I made it...I did heat the container and brought the coffee to near boil before I placed it in the small and large thermos.

Just an idea for the winter....those thermos' are great for soup and chili, even some nice beef stew...nothing better than something warm when you are out on the water....

Thanks Don....

Here is the king of the hotdog servers.....preparing lunch !!!

Until the next time....

30727093791_c8194e440c_k.jpgDon Hotdogs-2 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30514410840_770e4a5af4_k.jpgDon Hotdogs-1 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30514409940_a88d92de0c_k.jpgDon Hotdogs-3 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

Archived