trailer light help

FINCHASER

So right tail not working... Find the the pin on the plug for tail lights corroded to green powder, replace plug and all is good except the tail light and side marker light would blink whenever I moved the white ground wire that went to it.  Figured the splice was bad so replaced it and now I get nothing   :banghead

IF I take a test light and ground it to the trailer and touch either the tail or stop light pin on the plug it lights up (flashes with turn signal on the stop / turn sig pin) If I touch the test light to the ground pin the marker light comes on.  I tested the tail light by hooking it direct to a battery and it works perfect.   With the wires rigged on the detached light I touch the wires to the appropriate pins on the plug and nothing.

This is driving me crazy... usually can figure this stuff out but I'm stumped, I'm guessing its still a ground issue?  How do I test that the ground pin on the plug has got a ground?  I did put the test light ground on it and touch it to the tail light pin thinking that's how to test... not sure if that's right but when I touched the 2 the test light did not light up... help!!!!

20161106_185535.jpg

Fin, I can't follow what you are saying.  When I had gremlins in my lines, I followed each wire carefully until I found the problem and repaired it.  When I couldn't find the problem, I started over and rewired making sure nothing was pinched.  Not using a ground on the trailer itself, I think is a better way to go, if your trailer is wired that way.  Just my .02. Lots of good luck!

Archived