2006 Pathfinder 2200 /Yamaha 200

Cajun4746

For Sale: 2006 Pathfinder 2200 with Yamaha Z200 HPDI (~300 hrs). Jack plate. New chrome decals on boat this year, Magic Tilt aluminum trailer. 101 lb Minn Kota trolling motor with Ram Mount stabilizer, Optima Blue Tops with Minn Kota on board charger. Bimini top. Lowrance GPS, VHF 8' Power Pole, trim tabs, etc.. Awesome stereo system (JL 8.8s, 7.7s and JL amp). 

Has been a great boat - clean and well taken care of - annual services. Only reason I'm selling is that I'm moving up to a larger boat.

$29,000.  Serious inquiries only, please.

Warren Jones
warren.jones@cox.com
(404) 456-4932

image.jpeg

Red zone,. Thanks for the compliment - she is certainly a clean boat.  I'm heading down this weekend to take a bunch of pics of the boat inside and out.  I'll make sure to take pics of the motor/jack plate/transom.  Now you have me doubting myself.  I don't believe it's a 25" shaft, as the boat runs best with the Jack plate set at the lower 1/2 of its travel.  The boat runs 51-53, depending on load, with tabs up.  Hope this helps.

Better look a little closer to the model number on that motor. The Z200 HPDI (Grey motor) was only offered in 25" shaft. Someone most likely swapped out the lower unit from a 20" motor. This was done the same way on my buddy's Pathy. Not a big deal but people may be questioning. I think the only difference in the grey HPDI and Vmax is gear ratio.  

10 hours ago, Miss Jazzy said:

Better look a little closer to the model number on that motor. The Z200 HPDI (Grey motor) was only offered in 25" shaft. Someone most likely swapped out the lower unit from a 20" motor. This was done the same way on my buddy's Pathy. Not a big deal but people may be questioning. I think the only difference in the grey HPDI and Vmax is gear ratio.  

The extra 5" is in the mid section. Not the lower. 

22 hours ago, Miss Jazzy said:

Could have had the cowling swapped at some point, I'm almost positive that the VMax and standard cowlings are interchangeable. As stated above, the only thing that swapping a 20" lower unit in place of a 25" will do is leave you with a driveshaft that will be too short to slide into the bottom of the power head.

What color is the lower unit? Dark blue/black, or grey like the cowling?

Guys,  While I appreciate everyone's help, I can assure you the lower unit, cowling, etc. has NOT been changed.  

I believe I may have been mistaken in my earlier post about it being a 20" shaft, and I will verify this weekend when I can get to the boat to determine if my motor is indeed a 25" shaft Z200.  If so, Pathfinder used a jack plate to mate it to the 20" transom on the boat - common for the motor/boat application per my understanding.  I'll attach pictures, but regardless, the combination works great, and the motor does not sit down too far in the water, and there's plenty of adjustment in the jack plate.  

More pictures to come this weekend - just looking to sell a great boat, to get a bigger boat.

If the model # on the motor is z200txr then it would have a 25" shaft.  If it is z200tlr then it would have a 20" shaft.  My first thought that this was a 25" motor, but it is possible the dealer swapped motors around on other inventory and changed out the  mid section and prop shaft to make it a true 20" motor.   I did a search on eBay and did find that grey z200 with an advertised 20" shaft, but must have been altered as described above.   Either way that is a great performining engine for that hull

Archived