Trailer Stolen

Lowcountry Joe

After hurricane Matthew,  the gate to the storage facility where I store my boat trailer was stuck open for a few days and some ahole stole my trailer. Here's my problem: the insurance company is lowballing the amount they will pay unless I provide them with some figures for a used and new Ameritrail 2200V trailer. Because there isn't a Pathfinder dealer near me I was wondering if any of you could give me some idea what a used Ameritrail trailer is going for these days. Thanks in advance

I would let them know that the trailer is a welded custom trailer made specifically for the boat. No other boat will fit on it unless it gets cut and re- welded. Where you gonna find a used one. Thus the reason you paid a premium for it. If it was a tandem axle with brakes your gonna be north of 4K. You can call them and they will give you a price over the phone.

The sad part is they most likely took the wheels of it and cut it up and sold it for aluminum scrap.

6 hours ago, Lowcountry Joe said:

After hurricane Matthew,  the gate to the storage facility where I store my boat trailer was stuck open for a few days and some ahole stole my trailer. Here's my problem: the insurance company is lowballing the amount they will pay unless I provide them with some figures for a used and new Ameritrail 2200V trailer. Because there isn't a Pathfinder dealer near me I was wondering if any of you could give me some idea what a used Ameritrail trailer is going for these days. Thanks in advance

Call Ameratrail in St. Cloud Florida..they should be able to provide all the info you need.

dc

Sorry to hear about your trailer Joe. There's not many things I hate more than a thief. Tell the insurance company that the trailer is not a generic boat trailer, it is custom built for your particular boat. Amera-Trail will tell you what a new trailer costs, then the insurance company will depreciate "X" number if dollars per year.

Archived