What's it worth?

rckeat

I am planning to upgrade my trolling motor to a new Ipilot model and would appreciate opinions on what I could expect to sell my old one for.  It's a Riptide 80lb Autopilot/Copilot with 60" shaft.  Main board and armature have been replaced (main board just replaced last week).

How much should I ask for it?  Since I am in VA, I doubt any board members will be buying it as shipping would be expensive. Thanks for your replies.

Where in VA are you, btw?  If you are anywhere near Roanoke (even within a few hours) you may want to put it on SML fishing forum. http://smlfishingforums.proboards.com/

I have had some luck buying and selling off of there when I was in VA.  As for price, hard to say, but if you go on EBAY, search some craigslists, etc, you can often get a going range for them that will be a good guide.   Good luck w/ your sale!

On 11/15/2016 at 7:05 AM, rckeat said:

I am planning to upgrade my trolling motor to a new Ipilot model and would appreciate opinions on what I could expect to sell my old one for.  It's a Riptide 80lb Autopilot/Copilot with 60" shaft.  Main board and armature have been replaced (main board just replaced last week).

How much should I ask for it?  Since I am in VA, I doubt any board members will be buying it as shipping would be expensive. Thanks for your replies.

General rule...50-60% of new for anything used electronics...then discount shipping....40-50% of new at the end of the day.

dc

Thanks for the replies folks.  I live in Norfolk, so it's probably too far for most folks from Roanoke to make the drive.  I was thinking of asking $500 for it as that seems reasonable to me and consistent with WFF's pricing methodology.  

Thanks again and any additional opinions are appreciated.

Archived