Peanuts with Rivet

Capt. Mark

The saying goes..."elephants eat peanuts". These poppers are the peanuts I love to watch trout and redfish inhale on extra slick mornings on the Laguna Madre! The rivet fly was tied after visiting this section of the site for the first time about a few weeks ago! Getting used to the settings but am looking forward to posting more often!

1284004674-IMAG0207.jpg.b6d8ab4faefe90d3

• 3 weeks later...

They are Mark! I had the opportunity to fish with another local Captain a week last Friday and he introduced me to a new fly (for me)! It is called the "Rattle Mullet" from Umpqua. I keep forgetting to bring the fly box home to photograph it and have not bought the material to tie any yet! I will try to get this done ASAP! This fly suspends just below the surface and makes seeing the take "amazing".

I have seen the outfitter name the Fly Fishing In Saltwater Mag advertising but do not know the owner! I used to live in Palm Valley through 2008. Switched from golf to fly fishing so we sold our house in the Harlingen Country Club and move across the freeway of Palm Blvd. Lots of "palms" in the RGV. I think that might be the outfitter working out of the "Dunkin House" but don't quote me.

Archived