Pathfinder 2000v rod locker

fishcast

You can stow 7' rods in the 2000V lockers, but the tips will have to angle and slightly bend across the center storage locker.  I don't recall having much luck with longer rods.  It does reduce the usable space in the center locker.  I did that for years, but eventually I cut openings in the front of the lockers so the rod tips go straight into the anchor locker.  I wanted to have more usable space in the center locker.  Also, when the rods are slightly bent, it's tough to keep line tension on lures left stowed on the rods.  I do recall that as a pain.

As long as you use rod sleeves to avoid tangles, you can put a bunch in there.  8-10 easily in each locker depending on reel size & style.

6 hours ago, Grant said:

You can stow 7' rods in the 2000V lockers, but the tips will have to angle and slightly bend across the center storage locker.  I don't recall having much luck with longer rods.  It does reduce the usable space in the center locker.  I did that for years, but eventually I cut openings in the front of the lockers so the rod tips go straight into the anchor locker.  I wanted to have more usable space in the center locker.  Also, when the rods are slightly bent, it's tough to keep line tension on lures left stowed on the rods.  I do recall that as a pain.

As long as you use rod sleeves to avoid tangles, you can put a bunch in there.  8-10 easily in each locker depending on reel size & style.

Grant, thanks for the info! After you cut openings to connect to the anchor locker, how long of rods could you fit at max?  

I've never measured and I don't recall if I've ever put 8' rods in there.  There's a lot I don't recall anymore, some things strategically. 

I do stagger the spinning reels back and forth to get more in, and that adds at least an extra 8-10 inches.  The rod tips can angle into the very point of the bow in the anchor locker as well.  I will have to pay my boat a visit in it's winter quarters to measure, but I suspect an 8' rod would fit.

21 hours ago, Grant said:

I've never measured and I don't recall if I've ever put 8' rods in there.  There's a lot I don't recall anymore, some things strategically. 

I do stagger the spinning reels back and forth to get more in, and that adds at least an extra 8-10 inches.  The rod tips can angle into the very point of the bow in the anchor locker as well.  I will have to pay my boat a visit in it's winter quarters to measure, but I suspect an 8' rod would fit.

If you (or anyone that's done that mod) get a chance to check it out lengths or post a pic that'd awesome.  But either way thanks for info so far 

If you cut the hole into the anchor locker 8' rods will fit with ease. With a little flex you could fit a 9 footer in there... If you want to get fancy you could install rod tubes into the anchor locker but I prefer to just use the rod socks... As mentioned you could easily fit 10 rods on each side with this method.

IMG_0017.JPG

Archived