When da feeesh don't bite? Photographers delight :)

Where have all da feeesh gone in Chokoloskee...that's the hang wringing and discussions at the cleaning tables.....

DonH and I had a beautiful day....well, until 3 pm when things went down hill....

We arrived on a blasting outgoing tide with a North Wind = no water  on the bights.....

We fished and moved, fish and moved....at least 10 spots and could not find a decent bite.

A few trout here and there...the small rat red....no snook, jacks and ladies...and of course......the catfish de jour....

We moved down towards the South, hoping I would repeat last week's large reds and snook.

After the winds picked up we headed back and then ran into severe fuel filter problem....what is normally a 45 min to 1 hour run turned into 2 1/2 hours as DonH pumped the fuel until his fore-arms fell off.....he'll look like Popeye soon :)

Here is the one that went home.....and some pics at low tide....my favorite time for pics....

31015362821_a1de949866_k.jpgdonh nov 19-8 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

31015363301_48f89ef2fe_k.jpgdonh nov 19-7 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

31015364071_cadfa4bc67_k.jpgdonh nov 19-5 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

31015364181_0cebc339ec_k.jpgdonh nov 19-4 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

31015364451_1cf99161ea_k.jpgdonh nov 19-3 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30322691053_34ae4f6895_k.jpgdonh nov 19-2 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

31015364921_958e67f22f_k.jpgdonh nov 19-1 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

Nice pictures of mud, Dino.  Dont'cha have any critters on that side?

Fla_Expedition-24.jpg

RON_0885.JPG

Black_Crowned_Night_Heron.jpg

Florida_Dec_2015-26.jpg

Just kidding, nice artsy shots!

Hey, we will be in Flamingo the afternoon of Dec 22nd and all day on the 23rd on the new, TRS 22 Miss Laurie.  Plan to go down Snake Bight, Lake Ingram, etc.  Send me a PM or call if you may be around those days I could use some TRS 22 lessons.

Spoon_Bill_Adult.bmp

On 12/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, Ron in Atlanta said:

I made a deal with my equipment - I don't try to make phone calls with my Nikon and I never try to take pictures with my PHONE.

Already have plans with a buddy from Guatemala...thanks for the invite...

Great line...I'll have to steal it......although I do take a few photos on the iPhone in case of an emergency (LOL).

DC

You may know that I volunteer with the Humane Society.  I take most of the photographs of the animals the need a home, thousands per year.  They used to put photos like this up on their adoptions web site...

Rapinoe Poor Picture.jpg

Bad iphone photo.jpg

feline alien.jpg

Another iPhone Shot.jpg

These were all taken with an iPhone.  How DO those animals hold up those huge heads??!!

Look at the last picture.  The dog is Laylah

Here is what she looks like taken with a real camera...

Laylah low res-4.jpg

Laylah low res-2.jpg

Same dog!  She was adopted two days after these photos replaced the originals.

The technology works with cats as well...

Frosty Low res-1.jpg

I know I'm preaching to the choir here.  I'm just showing off some of our beautiful animals.

Have a great Christmas and New Years, maybe we can get together in the new year for a photo expedition.

Great shots guys!

Ron, thanks for helping out the pups, cats too. After losing my buddy this summer I thought I might be ready for another furball and looked through some rescue centers.  There are so many photos of animals that make them look awful.  I am sure your photos have put a lot a good animals into loving homes.

Archived