Best polish for metal on the boat and Aluminum Trailer

East Coast Dave

Shark-Hide is a great product to protect your aluminum trailer, but the trailer has to be clean first. If you apply Shark-Hide over dirt or oxidation it is sealed to the trailer and won't look any better. Google "Shark-Hide" and you'll see that they make a cleaner for the trailer. After cleaning you apply the sealer/protectant.

I use Starbrite polish with Teflon to polish all parts of my boat. Seems to do very well on metal parts, but I never tried any products made specifically for metal.

DSC05787_zps46c270e7.jpg

Depending on oxidation level you can use the same stuff you would buff the side of a boat with. I polished my whole trailer once and it came out looking great. Only change I would make is instead of a buffer I would do it by hands. The buffer created some swirl marks

http://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-trailers/665747-pics-included-polishing-ameratrail-trailer-like-mirror-finish.html#b

4 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I use collinite metal wax on all of the metal parts and 303 protectant spray on any rubber stuff. Starbrite makes a great cleaner and polish for the windshield and gauges.

i buy all of this stuff at Surplus Unlimited in Daytona. Way cheaper than west marine.

Hey Chuck,. I honked the horn on the HPX Saturday morning when the wife and I were passing by your place. We have a go to spot for Redfish a little past your place near High Bridge. Caught one real quick and headed back home before the wind picked-up. 

I agree with you on Surplus Unlimited.  

2 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Shark-Hide is a great product to protect your aluminum trailer, but the trailer has to be clean first. If you apply Shark-Hide over dirt or oxidation it is sealed to the trailer and won't look any better. Google "Shark-Hide" and you'll see that they make a cleaner for the trailer. After cleaning you apply the sealer/protectant.

I use Starbrite polish with Teflon to polish all parts of my boat. Seems to do very well on metal parts, but I never tried any products made specifically for metal.

DSC05787_zps46c270e7.jpg

WOW!  You are giving Ron from hot Lanta a run for his money.  PPPUUURRRTTTYYYY!

1 hour ago, JEM said:

WOW!  You are giving Ron from hot Lanta a run for his money.  PPPUUURRRTTTYYYY!

Ron as we all know is a BIG  Zaino fan and his boats and cars are always immaculate...but:  I must say.....this trailer and boat looks amazing too. Has the trailer ever been in the water ???

My problem is that everytime I think about polishing the boat ...Id rather be fishing...so, that's what I do...go fishing. 

6 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

Ron as we all know is a BIG  Zaino fan and his boats and cars are always immaculate...but:  I must say.....this trailer and boat looks amazing too. Has the trailer ever been in the water ???

My problem is that everytime I think about polishing the boat ...Id rather be fishing...so, that's what I do...go fishing. 

I'm retired, so I have lots of time. After working for the Fire Dept. for 30 years, cleaning and polishing is just a way of life. The trailer doesn't get dunked a lot, but the boat spends about half it's life sitting in the water.

1 hour ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I'm retired, so I have lots of time. After working for the Fire Dept. for 30 years, cleaning and polishing is just a way of life. The trailer doesn't get dunked a lot, but the boat spends about half it's life sitting in the water.

One thing for sure: you have a beautiful boat...that is an incredible shine !  And the trailer, its cleaner than new ones I've seen. Very very well kept for sure, JJ 

Archived