Windshield - Spray Curtain

deepsouthtech

I've been looking for the same thing and custom is the answer.  My frame on the t-top is not square.  Narrow at the top and wider at the bottom.  I emailed B & B a drawing and dimensions of my t-top frame today, I.D and O.D.  I'll let you know what they come back with.....thanks for the website info.....

On 11/21/2016 at 6:30 PM, Dawgfan said:

I've been looking for the same thing and custom is the answer.  My frame on the t-top is not square.  Narrow at the top and wider at the bottom.  I emailed B & B a drawing and dimensions of my t-top frame today, I.D and O.D.  I'll let you know what they come back with.....thanks for the website info.....

Good deal. I reached out to a local upholstery shop and waiting on a response.

• 3 weeks later...

That screen in the picture is really nice. Probably pretty expensive. My boat has a tower as well and I needed one, not that often but needed one. 

Here is a way to go. 

I went to JoAnn Fabrics. In the back they have a thick clear plastic that they sell off the roll. It's pretty inexpensive. I bought enough to wrap around the front and sides. On my way out, midway through the store they sell a grommet kit, I bought the one with the biggest "eye". Took it home, laid it on the garage floor, folded the edges of the plastic over an inch and a half to give the grommets something to bite into and put in four down each side. Bought some Velcro straps to tie it to the aluminum tubes and viola, $30 bucks later I have a rain screen. It rolls right up and fits in the side storage compartment. It doesn't look as good as that $300 one pictured but it is a good option for the couple of times a year that I'm on the water and need it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the enclosure we just had made from Gore Marine. Used the acrylic "glass" came out really nice and it's real clear to look through.  Acrylic "glass" is more expensive  then some of the Vinyl Products out there, but is much thicker and clear and will not haze over time. All in all I think Gore Marine did a really good job and so far very happy with enclosure.   

20161220_154138.jpg

20161220_154030.jpg

20161220_154012.jpg

20161220_154044.jpg

20161220_154106.jpg

the acrylic glass does not roll very well, it is a little too thick.  Plus the guy who made the enclosure said that it is pretty small/narrow to try to put a zipper into and have a window in the front. If we want air we just step to the side a foot as the console is not very wide.

But I have had enclosures on bigger boats that have had zippered windows and they are nice when it warms up and you don't want to have to take the entire enclosure down, you can open the window a get  nice breeze while running.

Archived