Update On Stolen Trailer

Lowcountry Joe

Well I finally got good news on my trailer situation, and I want to share it with you should you have the unfortunate experience I did. Progressive is my boat insurance company , and when I made the claim for my stolen trailer (2007 model) they quoted me a non replacement cost of  half the price of a new trailer. I went on the forum and asked if anybody knew where I could get the price of a new trailer, and thanks to "localangler" who just bought a new AmeriTrail, he shared his invoice with me. This along with an explanation of what constitutes high end trailers, and examples of companies (Rolls Axle, Owen and Sons, Ameritrail, etc) for them to check prices,  they decided to give me the full replacement cost : $5300. Can't say enough about what a great company Progressive was to deal with, and also a special thanks to" localangler" for his help with supplying the invoice. Sometimes I guess you have to do your homework, and educate these insurance companies. :)

Dang I should of had my McClain trailer stolen before I replaced it.  I'm glad the info helped the insurance do the right thing.  I just dealt with an agent after their client went left of center and struck my truck that was stopped trying to avoid her.  They will only replace 1 tire, all I asked for was 2 just to be reasonable . I knew I should of let the body shop say the extra damage was from the collision, but I was honest and said it was from the woods.  Oh well 

Archived