Power pole options

MPFit

Hi guys! Looking to get a power pole! I'm looking at the Sportsman II. I've never had one on a boat before and I'm sure it'll be nice. Is it a decent product? Are the other products better? 18ft Redfisher; Tampa Bay Area. Looking at the 8ft pole. Boat has the standard poling platform which just barely fits into garage. Would it be taller than the platform? I only have one battery for the motor and house also- I do have the battery switch but previous owner never put a second battery in it; would the power pole require the second battery?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys

I can honestly say that I wont own a boat without a power pole. I have had them for over 10 years and use it all the time. Your battery setup is fine, no need for another. The power pole only works when going up or down so not much draw. I would guess an 8' should be close to even with the platform, you can adjust the mounting holes to make it perfect.  

Don't need it for Power Pole, but if you have 2 trolling motor batts also you cab wire one as a the number 2 batt.

If the Power Pole ends up being taller than your platform, you can put the pole down some till it passes the garage header, than put it back it.

My Power Pole is about 4"taller than the platform, mounted on bracket.

On November 24, 2016 at 0:05 PM, MPFit said:

Hi guys! Looking to get a power pole! I'm looking at the Sportsman II. I've never had one on a boat before and I'm sure it'll be nice. Is it a decent product? Are the other products better? 18ft Redfisher; Tampa Bay Area. Looking at the 8ft pole. Boat has the standard poling platform which just barely fits into garage. Would it be taller than the platform? I only have one battery for the motor and house also- I do have the battery switch but previous owner never put a second battery in it; would the power pole require the second battery?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys

MPFit, Academy has them on sale if you are still looking to buy. I just got a 10'Blade for $1599. They also 8' pro, and sportsman on line.

Matt

Archived