Seablaze3 underwater lights on 2300 HPS

Fastflyer14

If I remember correctly the area between the stringer and the outside of the boat is foam filled. But if you decide to do this, I think you can run the wire through the drain hole that is already in the stringer (it's where the stringer attaches to the transom).

Now, the big question. Are these lights just for ambience or is there another usable function for them?

Mostly just for looking cool and lighting up the canal when tied at the house. What would you do differently to get some function out of them, angle down? 

There is foam outboard out the stringer, i guess drilling thru this isn't a big deal, easy enough to seal back up. But i think I need to get them deeper below the waterline for best effect, that would put them about in the middle of the big box stringer. Wonder if the stringer foam filled?

What about putting them back in this area of the transom. If you put them on the sides, down low, it will be underwater and direct the light both directions. I'm talking about the area to the sides of the big drains. You could run temporary wire on the outside and just duck-tape the lights in place to see if it will work.

DSC08321_zps95a4d446.jpg

12 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

Wow, looks like new hoses, clamps, etc...that bilge is spotless !  Do you use the boat ? 

Sure I use my boat. Just takes a little Dawn dishwashing detergent a toilet brush and 5 minutes. I use Starbrite vinyl protector and a rag to shine the hoses. And "Corrosion-X" on the bronze stiff, keeps them from turning green.

4 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Sure I use my boat. Just takes a little Dawn dishwashing detergent a toilet brush and 5 minutes. I use Starbrite vinyl protector and a rag to shine the hoses. And "Corrosion-X" on the bronze stiff, keeps them from turning green.

Awesome detailing !!!!!!!!!!  I may actually take that task on with mine..........GREAT job my friend, JJ

Archived