Lowrance hds 7 gen 2 troubles

grangerzack

Its possible the display is dimmed all the way down, its happened on my gen 3 9 a few times when ive been out at night and dimmed it and left it that way so I couldn't see it all all during the day.  On the gen 3 there is a button to push to brighten it so cant advise on a gen 2 so might wanna check your manual.  Try to turn it in a dark place maybe

Was on a buddy's boat in Alabama in the brightest part of the day.  We had no screen at all but had sound.  Turns out the last time he had fished, his bro had dimmed the lights all the way down when they were heading back to the dock after some night fishing.  I had to google how to dim that unit and watched some youtube videos.  Couldn't find anything that gave me the ability to adjust from a button because it was all touch screen so I had to use the videos as a reference to start trying to touch the screen in the right spots to make the adjustments.  Eventually I hit the magic spots and moved the slide button on the screen.  I'd try what BAmaSkeet said and see if the power button works.   I tried that on the HDS thinking since I can adjust brightness on my Garmin with the power button that may be a universal feature but I had no luck with it.  Good luck.  I know that is frustrating as all get out.  

My display will go dark when the voltage drops as well - HDS8 Gen 2 no touch.  I'd check voltage or ground, could just be some corrosion on the battery terminal as well.  Its very sensitive where other things on the some load are not.  That's always my first sign that my battery is dropping or need to check something else out.  

Archived