Motorguide Xi5

localangler

• 2 weeks later...

I got burned when I purchased my xi5 from a online retailer . Unit was doa and to make it worse I was required to pay return shipping and it took them more then 2 weeks to issue my refund. I did the whole complaining thing to no avail so buyer beware  from Factoryoutletstore.com. I finally got my money back and ended up buying the xi5 from Westmarine. 

And to throw a question out there to other xi5 owners. I'm tired of the bow roller clipping the trolling motor and having to be overly careful loading and unloading the boat so beyond a completely customized bracket, what have other owners done? I've heard some have used a minkota slide type bracket, but I've only found sparse info.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:12 PM, localangler said:

Looking for prices on the Xi5 trolling motor. I remember seeing some places listed in the past but didn't have any luck with the search feature. Anybody got any suggestions for reputable websites? 

Buy it from bass pro and spend the money to buy the gear guard protection. Trust me it will be worth your frustration from saving a few bucks from some unknown online retailer

On 1/4/2017 at 2:52 AM, VsteveV said:

And to throw a question out there to other xi5 owners. I'm tired of the bow roller clipping the trolling motor and having to be overly careful loading and unloading the boat so beyond a completely customized bracket, what have other owners done? I've heard some have used a minkota slide type bracket, but I've only found sparse info.

Spray your bunks with silicone or liquid rollers so your boat slides off the trailer without having to backing the trailer into the water as far. What happens is your stern starts to float higher which pushes the bow downward into the rollers.

I ended 

On 1/4/2017 at 1:52 AM, VsteveV said:

I got burned when I purchased my xi5 from a online retailer . Unit was doa and to make it worse I was required to pay return shipping and it took them more then 2 weeks to issue my refund. I did the whole complaining thing to no avail so buyer beware  from Factoryoutletstore.com. I finally got my money back and ended up buying the xi5 from Westmarine. 

I ended up mounting my MG bracket on top of my old MK bracket. This allowed me to position the "puck" perfectly and still get to the mounting bolts. It also makes the xi5 sit higher off of the deck which gives plenty of clearance from the bow roller. I will add a picture when I bring the boat home this weekend.  

Archived