Pathy 17T upgrades Photo Album

Wanaflatsfish

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Yep, dats what she's built for :)

dc

Have you ever (or know of anyone else ) who has tried to take a boat through the Nightmare?  I've seen videos of small johnboats going through with small tiller motors.  Didn't know if anyone could get a small Pathy like yours or other technical poling skiffs back in there.

My old boss and I tried to pass thru The Nightmare over 20 years ago with hand saws....let's just say it was a true nightmare! We gave up a few hundred yards into the mission. I know canoers that have made it thru there and said it was cool except the bugs were horrific.

Great upgrades, Dino! I know your boat runs a few inches skinnier than mine but I doubt it drafts much more than an inch less than mine while poling with all that gear on it ;)

1 minute ago, conocean said:

My old boss and I tried to pass thru The Nightmare over 20 years ago with hand saws....let's just say it was a true nightmare! We gave up a few hundred yards into the mission. I know canoers that have made it thru there and said it was cool except the bugs were horrific.

Great upgrades, Dino! I know your boat runs a few inches skinnier than mine but I doubt it drafts much more than an inch less than mine while poling with all that gear on it ;)

Yep, she does draft a bit more...but, it's not the gear...it's the fat guy driving :)

dc

12 hours ago, hurricane said:

Good history. Is that the livewell that you cut out? If so, wondering why?

Yes, it took up too much space, and would just add weight to the stern...there's enough there already with my fat body :) and I had no need for it...I use a Engel Cooler up in front of the console....It's 39 qt and will hold shrimp all day...I rigged it with a double bubbler.  I hold 10 Doz shrimp all day with two mega bubblers....best way to hold the shrimp...you just fill it with water to the top and they do fine...no major temperature variations inside the cooler.

dc

Archived