1998 Bayfisher 19'

Capt.JGordon

thanks i spend a lot of time keeping it looking that way. that boat probably has less hours on it than most others built ten years later in 2008. i bought it 11 months ago with 360 hours from the original owner, it was a freshwater use boat. i looked for a long time for this hull but waited til i found a cherry and this was it for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am no prop guru but, 24 seems like a lot of pitch for a 150. I turn a 21 three blade on my 175. Boat is two feet longer and a little wider. No problem getting the bow up.

If anything I need to trim the nose down a little, but in general I use very little tab.

Did you run your numbers by Marcus?

i was spinning the 22 raker to my max rpm with plenty of throttle left..the 24 now is right on the money as far as WOT rpm but just doesnt have enough bow lift, even after admiral prop in tampa did everything they could to it... so far the BEST prop as far as bite, lift, and top end has been a 14.75 x 21 SST but i was a little high on rpm at WOT.

my rpm were lower, had more bite in corners, and flew the bow much better under a load with the SST compared to RAKER. id like to get my hands on a 23 pitch SST

nice!

most guys who have one never take them off, as far as i know. :)

i have a plan for a backrest on mine as well, attached to a re-designed poling platform, hpx style... but it's kinda far down on the list.

that really looks nice, and comfy! the best thing is, no storage lost, and i bet it works nicely with the open and close of the lid... is it pretty solid?

excellent design!

Archived