Quick Release for Ulterra

Lowcountry Joe

I have a question for those of you who have installed a quick release for your trolling motor. Because the Ulterra is mounted further forward I can't reach the "puck" on the underside of the bow to use washers and nuts on the screws securing the puck. Any suggestions on what to use ?  I was thinking ss wood screws with 5200 , what do you think ?

I'll fess u to going way overboard on mine.  After having a mishap and having my template slip causing me to drill one hole I couldn't use (was outside where the puck needed to be) and having my tap break off in a hole where a plate was, I figured I had so many holes in the deck why not add a few more.  Since I didn't feel comfortable with that small puck holding that big motor in rough conditions, I thru bolted the two bolts to the back which I could reach.  Then I thru bolted two more in the middle.  I could not reach the two front holes to get a washer and nut so I went ahead and tapped those.  That gave me 6 anchor points in that puck.  May be overkill but I feel better about it and you cannot see my uh-ohs.  One of my front drill holes actually came thru the deck just behind the rub-rail.  After being miffed for doing that, I noticed some rigs with washers and nuts behind the rub-rail. I actually caulked the hole.  Didn't want to see the hardware there.

Archived