Finally getting things put back together after Matthew

East Coast Dave

Finally getting thingsput back together after the storm....  I didn't get hit as bad as other so I'm thankful for that.  Our roof was destroyed along with some other things which at the time seems like it would take forever to get to normal, but we made some major progress this week.  We had the new roof installed and more importantly to me, we got our dock and lift installed!  I'm pretty stoked to get the Maverick back where she belongs this weekend!  I hope everyone that had damage are making progress too. Man it feels good to be getting  back to normal.  Some before and after pics below..

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

Same here just getting back to normal. Pictures of my pole dock and someone else's dock. here in summer haven near matanzas inlet. Downstairs we had 4 feet of water in the carport the tide line you see is the second high tide was almost up to windows. And my buddy who decided it wasn't going to be that bad left his boat and it floated off trailer. Luckily I took my boats way inland. Docks are all fixed now even had a new one float up that no one is claiming. All in all life is back to normal. 

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

19 minutes ago, East Coast Dave said:

Finally getting thingsput back together after the storm....  I didn't get hit as bad as other so I'm thankful for that.  Our roof was destroyed along with some other things which at the time seems like it would take forever to get to normal, but we made some major progress this week.  We had the new roof installed and more importantly to me, we got our dock and lift installed!  I'm pretty stoked to get the Maverick back where she belongs this weekend!  I hope everyone that had damage are making progress too. Man it feels good to be getting  back to normal.  Some before and after pics below..

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

Wow, your place is beautiful !   

5 minutes ago, OldestCityLocal said:

Same here just getting back to normal. Pictures of my pole dock and someone else's dock. here in summer haven near matanzas inlet. Downstairs we had 4 feet of water in the carport the tide line you see is the second high tide was almost up to windows. And my buddy who decided it wasn't going to be that bad left his boat and it floated off trailer. Luckily I took my boats way inland. Docks are all fixed now even had a new one float up that no one is claiming. All in all life is back to normal. 

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

Wishing you the best with the fixes....we got lucky here in Savannah Ga. we had many many trees down, but thankfully no water damage at my place. One tree caught the corner of the house / roof....but nothing catastrophic.  JJ

I agree.... very lucky....and very thankful.  it could have been a lot worse.  I still need to roof replace on the boathouse, but the roofers didn't have a way to get to it while they where out there rebuilding to dock. I'm waiting for electricians but for now I'm using an extension cord for the lift...

Now I just need to find a homeowner's policy that covers docks....that stung a little bit not being covered. 

Here is my dock that sustained little damage except for the roof trim. I actually thank Volusia County for their new requirement to be 6 ft above mean high water. The water created at 5 1/2 feet. I know that because the house is 5 1/2 ft above sea level and the water was at the door. Boats were tied down and did fine. Lucky is an understatement.

IMG_1443.JPG

We are getting back together too, got in right before Chritmas in fact. We had baby week after storm so was fortunate to have a lot of guys help me during that time. We gutted from ceiling down ....been a long 3 months ....finally got my insurance check yesterday thank goodness 

We don't have dock, but 10x30' deck floated off joists and pool filled with that cr@p.  Insurance covered none of that or the golf cart I had just bought 😡

image.jpeg

Just fish,

You guys got it a lot worse than we did. I'm thankful after seeing the pictures of your place and the damage you guys had. Glad to see things are getting back to normal for you guys too.  The place looks great in the last picture.

Chuck,

We went as high as we could go when we rebuilt it but were limited by the existing boathouse. If we went any higher, you would hit you head on the overhang due to how low the original dock was. I feel pretty good about it now.

Archived