Advice for an awesome shop (Master Repair) in Stuart Florida

Intheslot12

This may seem obvious but as boat owners we come across shops that claim to be “first rate” and the best you can find. I have owned boats most of my life and have always looked for a shop that I can take the mistress to and know the work will be the best, completed on time, for a decent price. Like most of us we try to find a place fairly close to home out of convenience. I am a school teacher (not English….) and live in the South Florida.  If I knew how to install them I certainly would have. Recently I was having many problems and asked for advice on a forum. Several people said that I should use Master Repair in Stuart Florida. It is a 90 minute drive but was told they were amazing. I bit the bullet and called. Rose in the office was simply awesome. She stayed in contact, calling me back and was able to get me in. I brought the boat in and met Rose and Mike the owner. The shop was extremely clean and full of inshore and offshore boats. I immediately noticed that every boat had work blankets all over them. He was nothing short of professional. He took notes while we talked, gave me several options, and finally promised the boat to me by next Wednesday (6 days later). Within a day I was contacted by Technician Scott who found several problems with the previous install. Both the stealth and amp were connected directly to the house battery. I wondered why the batteries were always so low when I brought the boat back from storage. Scott and Mike did contact me several times to keep me updated on the boats progress. The boat was completed and ready for my pickup in 5 days (1 day earlier than promised, when does that happen?). When I arrived to pick it up Scott spent well over 30 minutes explaining the problems and fixes. He connected volt meters to show me how strong the stealth was and how it worked. They had all lines and old plugs there for me to look at. I did upgrade my trolling motor to a newer one asking them to install a better plug as the previous plug never really connected well. On his own, Scott installed the matching plug to my old trolling motor in case I wanted to keep it for a backup. Even more amazing I mentioned that I had to change a trailer tire because the stem was leaking prior to my drive up, and without me requesting Scott fixed that at no charge. Scott installed a new on board charger in the same spot but first adhered a piece of starboard then used all 4 screws to install it. To be honest I would drive even further if I knew Mike and his crew would treat me that way. I just had to post my experiences with Master Repair in case anyone needed work on their baby. Oh and I promise I'm not getting anything for this. Just hoping to give anyone in south Florida within driving distance of Stuart advice for an amazing shop. I owe someone for the advice and certainly wanted to pass it on. You will not be disappointed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I wanted to take the time to recognize a local business that is family owned and goes above and beyond. 
While researching trolling motors, one name kept coming up, Master Repair Inc. Online and word of mouth in the boating community everyone had nothing but great thing so say about Mike and his staff. He lived up to the accolades and exceeded my expectations from the moment I met him. From the first time we walked into the store to  look at the trolling motors until the time the boat left the shop Mike was great. His knowledge and attention to detail are incredible. He really cares about his customers and takes pride in his work. The details that were thought out down to a rubber coating on a lock to protect the boat are second to none. The shop is so clean which is just another testament to the care that is put into everything he does. Trevor took the time to go over every detail of the motor and accessories to ensure we were comfortable with it.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, Kathie said:

I wanted to take the time to recognize a local business that is family owned and goes above and beyond. 
While researching trolling motors, one name kept coming up, Master Repair Inc. Online and word of mouth in the boating community everyone had nothing but great thing so say about Mike and his staff. He lived up to the accolades and exceeded my expectations from the moment I met him. From the first time we walked into the store to  look at the trolling motors until the time the boat left the shop Mike was great. His knowledge and attention to detail are incredible. He really cares about his customers and takes pride in his work. The details that were thought out down to a rubber coating on a lock to protect the boat are second to none. The shop is so clean which is just another testament to the care that is put into everything he does. Trevor took the time to go over every detail of the motor and accessories to ensure we were comfortable with it.

Mike is one of a kind !!!

dc