Buyer Beware 21 MA

linesider 159

http://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/5937757400.html

Long story short I drove almost 4 hours for a boat that "everything worked except 2 livewell pumps and no cracks." I show up and "captain jerry" has a boat with a dead switch panel, cracks in the transom, repaired impact on the side that is cracking again (which he tried to tell me wasn't true until I showed him the blend line in the non skid), and a crack in the floor. Apparently it all worked before I showed up and he didn't notice the cracks. Left the house at 10am and got home at 8pm. Wasted my time and hopefully he wont waste yours.

I had negotiated 11500. He offered 500 off because of all the issues so 11k. That color gel cant be matched. Motor rebuilt also. The crack up front was from an impressive impact yet the rubrail looked fine. Glass had been impacted where it overlapped each other.

These are just some of the cracks on the boat. The one crack extended through the blue gel 3 feet up past the trolling motor head.

In addition, I asked if the trailer was good and able to make a long drive and i get there are the fenders are broken so you can only board the boat from the front, and the lug nuts are corroded on. I had met him at the ramp and didnt even bother to go for a seatrial like we planned.

t.jpg

tt.jpg

ttt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... I can't believe people pull this crap, do you really think someone is going to come look at this boat and not notice or care about that damage. That is some serious damage... of course anything can be fixed, but you definitely need to disclose that before you let someone drive several hours to see a boat. c'mon Capt Jerry! 

Josh B.

Was looking at a couple of boats for a friend when I lived in Stuart and saved him a long trip for nothing. Took lot's of photos which revealed the problems. The worst was the wiring. I guess if you thought it might make a good project boat, a marine survey on hull and motor would give the complete story.

Archived