21 Redfisher with Mercury?

ncinshore

I remember seeing one with a 225 pro xs a few years back for sale. A friend has a 225 xs on a maverick 21 and likes it.

As for speeds, my 21 redfisher with 250 hpdi could barely hit 62. I saw 63 one time empty with a blueprinted prop. The big thing is i did have dual 10 foot powerpoles and a poling platform which adds quite a bit of weight and wind resistance. Someone i think on here has one with a 300 hpdi and claimed 69 mph.

I would love to see a 250 xs on one.  I spoke to a guy at the ramp a few weeks ago running a new 225xs and he said he was in the low 60's.  He was still working on propping it, I think he said it had a 20" Tempest which I think is a little small.

I run low to mid 60's depending on which prop I have on and would think the xs would be a few MPH faster as they are in the 275HP range.

17 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Someone i think on here has one with a 300 hpdi and claimed 69 mph.

If that is with a fishing load that is darn good!  I have touched 70 a few times but not going to come close when ready to fish.

I have a 300 on mine and have hit 68.7 with the 25p yamaha prop. I didn't have a fishing load, but did have my trolling motor and 2 batts up front. There was a guy here with a 250 who was running a croxton prop and broke 70 with it if I recall correctly. It needs a prop that creates more bow lift than the vmax props. I really dont care to get the extra speed out of it so I havent experimented with other props like some guys have.

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, Marcusnunez51 said:

I have a 06 21 Redfisher with a 2018 pro xs 250 merc and the best prop ive had was a enertia eco 16x23 3 blade. (4000 rpm 50 mph and my top speed was 6400 rpm 69-71mph) depending on how much gas I have. I keep shredding the prop from trimming it to high. I’ve gone thru two of those enertias. Any options on different props?

Your RF 21 must be fun to drive!  I have not run one, and I have not heard mention of one on this forum - but what about the Mercury Fury?  The Bass Tournament Pros love it.  It is 2" less in diameter than your Enertia Eco, so I would guess you could spin a 24 or maybe even a 25 pitch on your Pro XS.  Supposedly, the hole shot acceleration and speed of the Fury is awesome.  Just a suggestion, if you're in the mood to spend money trying props 😉

• 3 months later...

2002 21 Redfisher with the new V8 250 pro xs, Bravo 1 fs 24p prop is running 66 mph loaded heavy, 2 large adults and full tank of fuel. My boat is getting tons of lift at high speeds and I've yet to run it light just to see what it's got. The new motor and prop combo has completely changed my boat. The old Yamaha never had enough power to really air out the hull and now it's a little scary and I love it.