Bluetooth Ulterra

JEM

I just swapped out my old Ulterra for the new Bluetooth model.  It is a big improvement over the first generation model.  When you engage spot lock, that is where you stay!  No slopping around 20 feet, which could ram you into a dock.  And the 5 foot jog feature is nice for making little changes in your position.  The remote is a little more complex that will take a little more practice.  I like how Mike at Master Repair mounted the compass puck inside the console.  I really didn't have a location to mount it anywhere on the console or deck that made sense.  All in all, it is a nice upgrade for the trolling motor fisherman!  If only the fish had cooperated on my first trip with the motor!  

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

None.   I think Mike talked to a bunch of MK engineers before we did it.  Apparently, the fiberglass for the Pathfinder center console is not too thick to prevent the Bluetooth signal from working.  We kept it away from the JL amp, I have no speakers (magnets) in the console, and the battery charger is only on on the hill.   But during my first fishing trip with it last week, it performed flawlessly.

I got the new Terrova for Christmas and have only gotten to use it once so far.  But I am blown away by how solid the spot lock is with this new Bluetooth puck.  I mounted mine on top of the console but love the idea of mounting it inside the console.  Nice.

Archived